Since IFES’ early beginnings the national movements in North America have played an important part helping to drive forward our mission to students globally. Today, the IFES movements in this region face many challenges, particularly threats to campus-based ministry from increasingly secular college administrations. In spite of this, the movements continue to thrive, encouraging and equipping students throughout the region and beyond.
IFES in North America
There are three movements in North America: InterVarsity Christian Fellowship/USA, Inter-Varsity Christian Fellowship of Canada (Inter-Varsity), and Groupes Bibliques Universitaires et Collégiaux (GBUC).
- 909 InterVarsity/USA groups on 590 campuses
- 85 Inter-Varsity groups on 65 campuses
- GBUC groups in 4 universities
- for wisdom in the face of opposition, and for North American students to reach others with the gospel;
- for outreach to international students and global partnerships around the world.